The BEST File Manager for Windows
Works with and greatly enhances:
Windows 8, 7, Vista, XP
Servers 2003 and later
Starting at just $50 for home use and $69 for a business license (and a business two-pack for just $99!)
Major new tools, significant upgrades to current components and faster folder listings.
See the V4 preview here.
A May 2017 Microsft security update for Windows 10 conflicted with a major routine in FileBoss resulting in FileBoss not starting on some Windows 10 systems.
Versions V3.101 and later, fix the problem. You can read more about this at the page
Windows Creators Conflict.
A programmer wanted to refresh his backup files of a work in progress to a server. Since some of the files were quite large she only wanted to copy files that had changed. And she didn't want to copy any of the hundreds of temporary files her compiler created.
She used FileBoss' File Sets to mark all the files (automatically) and then set up a copy routine to only copy files that already existed on the server and that were newer than those files.
• Use any of FileBoss' advanced selection methods to pick the files you want to copy. From simply selecting 'All' to selecting by almost any criteria you can think of FileBoss will make this step really easy.
• Click here find out more about selecting files and folders.
• Use the Actions > Copy To... command from the main menu
• or press F7
The Copy dialog will appear
• Set the destination
• Expand the dialog to show the Advanced options
• Check the Copy Only if Target Exists option
• Select the Only if Newer option
• Click OK to copy the files
Click here for complete details on copying files and folders and how to use the Copy To dialog